I know it's been a while since I have blogged. Have you ever went through a spell of just not quite feeling "inspired" or find anything interesting to blog about?! That's pretty much what's been going on with me lately. I just haven't felt inspired or come across anything I thought was inspiring enough to blog about.
The weather is really starting to change here. It stays around the lower 50's for a high, most days. On days that it's rainy and cloudy it stays in the 40's. The darkness of the days is starting to get longer and longer with each passing day and daylight savings time is next week here (we are still on the old calendar that we used in the U.S. until last year) and so I am sure the longer hours of darkness will get here rather quickly. But we are looking forward to a little snow, but not a lot of snow! :)
And I've been checking into snowboarding lessons and I think I am going to try and take those next month. Jeff is going to try too, but he's got a bum knee that he messed up years ago, so we aren't sure yet if he'll be able to do it, but he wants to at least try.
I think most everyone knows now that we were denied the request to go home at Christmas because they don't allow the operational staff to take any requested time off during December 15th and December 29th. So we are going home for Thanksgiving, for a week and will remain here for Christmas. We've had knowledge of this for a few weeks now, so I am kind of over it, but at the same time I am a little bent out of shape about it too. It took a case of homesickness and made it worst because I can't wrap my head around not being able to see our family and friends for two Christmas' in a row. So to put it short and sweet..........I'm not a fan of the way things are going here right now. But it is what it is and I am still trying to make the best of the opportunity and looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving to see everyone, eat lots of turkey and enjoy some pumpkin cheesecake! :)
I hope everyone is having a great fall so far! Cooler weather, football games and fairs! And Halloween is just around the corner! Enjoy and if anyone gets to the state fair this year.........PLEASE try some of that fried butter and tell me how it is! :) Sounds like a cardiac arrest waiting to happen but OMG.......I'm dying to know how it is! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment