Remember months ago when I was "ranting" about the long hours of daylight that we were having? Remember how I said that it was getting dark at midnight and by 3am it was daylight out again? Well...............just the very opposite is about to start! Already when I wake at 5:30am, it is still dark outside. And by about 8pm, it's dark outside. This probably seems very normal to those of you that live in the lower part of the states, but to us, that means that very soon it'll be dark until very late into the day and only daylight for a few short hours.
To add, it's about time for it to start getting cold. Real cold...........not that "cold" we are use to in Texas. This is the kind of cold that I am told we won't want to leave the house and we'll want the warmest clothes and bedding we can find to keep warm. And just bare in mind.........there is no lovely central heating and vents to circulate the warm, heated air about the house, to whatever desired temperature you'd like! No, we have radiators on the walls in each room. You turn them on, turn them up and you put a fan in front of them to circulate the warmth coming off of them, about the room! Oh..............how you have NO idea how much I am not looking forward to winter here!
And just when you thought that "well that's really not that bad", add in the ice and snow that we are bound to get! Then add a top the fact that we live down in a valley and there are hills on the road way, in both directions! Oh but wait................we have bins on the side of the road, at the bottom of both hills for "grit" so that you can shovel it about and get up the hill in a car. Oh...........how I am looking forward to winter!
I'll be sure to get some pictures of it.........especially of us............well actually Jeff.........shoveling snow! ;) But these pictures will not be for your viewing pleasure.............no, no! These pictures will serve the purpose of reminding us, when we return home.............where we have been and what we have done. They will serve the purpose of reminding me when the August blazing sun of Texas is coming down and it's so hot and humid that a person can barely stand it.............that in the winter of Scotland, not only is it snowy and icy, and cold.......but it's dark..........most of the day, for a period of time!
On a positive note...............the summer's here are fabulous...........minus the rain of course! I love the rain...........just not quite so much! But never really getting above 75 is super nice!
So I still ponder one big question........................how on earth do they play golf in this country when it's always raining in the summer time and cold and dark in the winter time! The world may never know!
All that rain makes for a gorgeous golf course. :)
ReplyDelete