Jeff and I had dinner at Poldino's last night with a group of people from the American Women's Association of Aberdeen. Wonderful food! It's right off Union Street in city centre. And it's a nice little place. We parked a couple of blocks away at a parking garage since there is no place around the restaurant to park. And it was drizzling, so walking in the rain wasn't the most desirable thing. But man..........it was well worth it! We had some great food and visited with other American's and just had a good time.
Jeff had veal (one of his all times favs) and I had a combination of lasagna and a crepe filled with spinach and ricotta, covered in a tomato cream sauce. We had some nice red wine and share a tiramisu after dinner with coffee. We met some really nice people that we'd not had the pleasure of meeting before and just laughing and talked about home and what we like or don't like about Aberdeen. We met a couple from California and they actually love Aberdeen more because they said we get real weather here. lol
And we met another lady that is moving back to the states this summer. She's originally from Ohio but her company is transferring her back to Houston. So she's looking forward to it and at the same time gonna miss Aberdeen. Amazing to me that someone would miss Aberdeen over going back to America. lol Just kidding............but it is nice to hear a different spin on how some of the members see Aberdeen.
So we had a fab time and looking forward to doing it again next month if we can make the dinner.
This weekend we have Mardi Gras. Looking forward to it too! Can't wait to meet some more people, have a hurricane and enjoy some Cajun food. I've been told I won't be disappointed.
I'll keep you posted! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment