Friday, 12 February 2010

Toto, we're not in Scotland anymore!

Relax...........just a figure of speech! Rest assure, we are still in Scotland. But man we have had some really fantastic sunny days lately and it makes me wonder if we are still in Scotland. Just a couple of days ago I stood outside and looked up at the bright sky! It is amazing how much good a little sunshine can do ya! I spent Wednesday out and about running errands and enjoying the sun. I had on a sweater and long sleeve shirt underneath, but I didn't need a jacket for a good portion of the day!

So tomorrow night we've been invited to a Mardi Gras party being put on by the Americans Women's group that I've actively been part of lately. The whole thing is being put on by a lady from Louisiana, Lafayette to be exact! They do this every year and I hear it's a big time. So we are really looking forward to it. I'll have to try and snap a few pictures and post them with how the party went, next week.

And of course Sunday is Valentine's Day. Jeff and I have no big plans. We've never spent a Valentine's Day together, so we just figured this year would be no exception. But turns out he'll be home. So since we waited to late to make dinner plans I'll make us some homemade chicken alfredo and some molten chocolate cake for dessert.

You know it was just a little over a year ago that we found out that we were being transferred to Scotland. Prior to that we'd been thinking that Jeff would probably be sent to Saudi Arabia on a rotational shift and we'd base home out of Houston. That was the idea........anyway. And when we were thinking he'd be transferred to Saudi I was thinking that if I didn't find a job right away in Houston that I'd volunteer my time to a good cause. And while moving here was a bit of a surprise I really had no idea what I was suppose to do while I was here. I've looked for a job and nothing has really come through and I've picked up hobbies and even made a few lousy attempts at writing a book. It never occurred to me that maybe I could still donate my time to a good cause here. Until now! So we'll see how it goes but I think I am going to sign off on someone wanting to nominate me to be on a board that does fundraising for a local charity here in Aberdeen. Should be something to keep me busy and it's something I enjoy doing. I don't know if I will be elected by the group but I figure I won't ever know until I try. And if I don't get elected for the board, well I can still be part of the fundraising events that the group puts on.
Elections won't be until April I think....................but I'll keep you posted!

I hope everyone has a nice Valentine's weekend. My peeps in North East Texas got a lot of snow over night! Hope everyone is safe but enjoys the snow. Such a rare thing for Texas!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment