Saturday, 13 March 2010

Lots to do but nothing to post

I'm still alive and kicking! I know it's been a while since I've posted and my apologizes to the wonderful friends and family that read my blog! A few of you have emailed me to ask me where I've been since I hadn't posted anything recently.
I've been here.........just been busy and busy with stuff that isn't exactly the kind of things that people would find interest in reading about. :)

I've had the challenge of trying to get the car in for an oil change and the tires (they spell it tyres) balanced and rotated. Along with we got a little chip in the windshield (they call it a windscreen here) and it's been quite the task to try and schedule a time that they can repair it and it will be here at the house for them to come out and repair it. So it's been a constant frustration to try and get the vehicle repaired and worked on. The good news is that we finally got the oil change and tires balanced and rotated and while I've had to reschedule the windshield being repaired several times, I am hoping to finally get it repaired week after next. You wouldn't believe the standard price of getting an oil change around here. It's not because it's an import either...........it's pretty standard on most cars for an oil change to cost somewhere between 60 pounds and 100 pounds! Can you believe that? Amazing the cost.

And aside from dealing with the car stuff I've been getting more and more involved with the American Women Association and have been ask to be on the board this next year. I'll be a 3rd Vice President on the board and my role will consist primarily of organizing and lending support in the groups efforts to raise money for charities and non-profit organizations. I've been told it's one of the harder jobs on the board but they elect two people to do the job and so I'll have some help. I think it'll be right up my alley though since I have lead the efforts in the past to do things for the company I worked for in the states.

Also I've been getting more involved in the group by just getting out and doing things with other Americans and some other people too from other countries. I've met some great women from New Zealand, Germany, Austria and Holland. And of course some Americans and some Canadians. At times it's easy to forget that I'm not in America anymore and I've really enjoyed being around other Americans, but at the same time I have really enjoyed meeting people from other countries and still making new friends from Scotland and England.

I've also had to do a little shopping and get out and buy Mother's Day cards this month. Mother's Day in the UK is this Sunday, the 14th of March. And since our Mother's Day in the US isn't until May I had to get the cards now and put them up for later. I've been trying desperately to start shopping for some spring clothes as well but it's been really difficult for me to find clothes here that I like and that fit me the way I like them to fit. It's been a battle. I did find some jeans, finally, at the Gap (of all places) here. Still on the lookout for shirts and such though.

Okay so we are off to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day. I'll have some pictures to post and will blog about our experience there, when we return. We are really looking forward to it. We've heard that Dublin is really expensive right now but we are looking forward to the opportunity to spend a St. Patrick's Day in Ireland. It's suppose to be a great time and Dublin is suppose to be a really fantastic city. I've arranged for us to take a tour at the Guinness Storehouse and I've been told that Guinness there is really fab and is not like any other place in the world. They say it has a really short shelf life there, like 7 days, because it's made with dairy products in Dublin. I've also made arrangements for us to take a boat cruise/ride down the Laffey River. It's just a little 45 minute boat ride but takes you along the river and there is someone on board that acts as a tour guide and tells you some history of Dublin while you take the ride. We have reservations at a sushi place along the Quays (pronounced Keys) and this is the area up and down the river in the city centre. So lots to see and do and I am sure it will be a big time! So look for a blog update after St. Paddy's Day week. I hope you all have a nice week and wear a little green on St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment