Sunday, 28 March 2010

Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Savings time is here. Yes, we are still on the old system where we don't have daylight savings time until the last Sunday in March. We are also getting into that time of year where we have daylight until crazy hours in the evening and the sun is back up early at crazy hours of the morning. I remember a few days in June last summer, when I first arrived here and it wouldn't get dark until about midnight and by 2am the sun was up and shining through the windows. Torture on a body that depends on darkness to get a good nights sleep.
Right now it's daylight around 5am (I guess that will be 6am right now because of daylight savings time) and I guess it really gets dark around 7pm. It'll progressively get longer and longer days of daylight as the days pass into the summer. I think this summer I'll try and snap a few pictures here and there along the way of the various hours, so everyone can see the degree of lightness in the late hours of the evening.

We've had some really beautiful days and the daffodils are coming up and slowly opening. Hopefully this week they'll be open and I can snap some pictures. They are so pretty.........yellow flowers just line the streets and hills. So as soon as they open, I'll get a few pictures of those.

We've booked our "summer" vacation. We are headed to Barcelona for a few days and then hopping on a cruise in Barcelona and taking a cruise to Rome, Florence, Naples, Nice and Toulon (France). Super excited and can't wait! No worries, I'll take lots of pictures and blog as much info as I can remember.

I've also been hiking a little more. I forgot my camera last week when I hiked up at Ballister, but I will take it with me next time and try and snap pictures, wherever we end up hiking. The sun is shining most days and the temperatures are getting up in the lower 50's right now. Which around here is very nice!

Stay tuned......daffodil pictures to come as soon as they bloom and hopefully some great pictures from some hikes we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment