At the beginning of last week I would have swore that spring was here. We were having really beautiful sunny days and it was getting in the lower 50's and not very windy. Nice days! Several days when out and about we just needed a light jacket. Such a welcome relief! Even some of the daffodils around town started to open up.
Then.............out of no where last week we get snow! Wind, rain, snow............and just over all bad weather! Such bad weather that a lot of places South of Aberdeen lost power, including us. We went without power just long enough to need to toss everything in the fridge but thankfully saved almost everything in the freezer. The freezer is in the garage and with all the snow and wind it was pretty cold outside so I guess that kept the freezer cold enough. Needless to say I wasn't to thrilled about not having any heat during that power outage.
Jeff was offshore so I lite a fire and bundled up and slept in the living room. And I was ever so grateful when the power did come back on!
So that was last week. This week it's been kind of rainy and cold, a little windy. But today it's beautiful again and the sun is shining and it's a bit warmer outside today. I'm not going to say spring is here.........as I fear I will pretty much jinx it! But I am hoping the daffodils will finally open up around the house and I can snap some good pictures. I need the sun too, just so it's not a rainy gloomy picture! :)
I know back home things are starting to warm up and you all are not looking forward to the summer months. I haven't forgot about those 100+ temps and the humidity that makes you feel like you are melting away. I think when we finally do return home that our first summer there will feel like we are gonna die. lol
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment