The weekend was really nice! Gave us a sense that spring is finally here. Now having said that I am skeptical that I have just jinxed it by saying so!
Both Saturday and Sunday the temperatures got up to the upper 50's, the sun was shining and it couldn't have felt better to be outside after a long, cold winter! Saturday we brought the smoker out and cooked burgers for lunch and ribs for dinner. We sat outside and soaked up some rays and had a few beers. I felt like for a second I was back home, but not so hot! You can tell though that we are getting acclimated to the weather. Jeff was braver than I and actually wore shorts for a few hours on Saturday. Even the neighbor commented on his bravery of wearing shorts. I rolled up my sweats and wore a short sleeve, but shorts are not in my forecast, at least not yet.
Sunday we decided to take a hike down to the shore and walk along it for a couple of miles to the little village right down the way from us. It's called Johnshaven and it's a little harbor town. So we hiked about a mile from our house down to the shore and then walked along the shore till we got to Johnshaven. We played along the shore line for a bit and then hiked back. It got warm enough on our hike to shed our jackets. We'd never done the hike toward Johnshaven so it was nice to enjoy the scenery from the shore line. We passed the little creek that runs by our house and where it eventually empties out into the North Sea. We passed by the really neat school in Johnshaven that you normally can't see from the roadway. And we took in a few patches of daffodils that have finally bloomed. All in all I think we hiked about 5 miles (my best guess). Might have been more, might have been a little less but I think it was pretty close to 5 miles. What a great way to spend a Sunday! We decided that we need to do more hiking this spring and summer.
This wall stretched almost the whole way from where we got in the shoreline at to Johnshaven. No telling how old it is but it was 4 to 5 foot tall (varying in places). Though it was broken down in a few places it is still standing in most places.
No comments:
Post a Comment