Wednesday, 28 April 2010

A whole lot of hike

The weather has been kind of up and down lately but we've definitely had a lot more bright sunny days than bad days. Of course with the volcanic ash it was touch and go for about a week with what the weather would be like outside, but that all has seem to get much better over the past week.

So I've found myself hiking more lately and taking in the weather. Last week we hiked down South from Aberdeen and did a pretty hard (at least for me) hike up a mountain and then back down. I think the hike was about 3 or 4 hours long but some really great views and it was a little chilly that day but mostly sunny. Unfortunately in my rush to get out the door that morning I some how managed to leave my camera behind, so I didn't get any good pictures that day.

Yesterday we hiked Raemore, which is in Banchory (pronounced Ban-cory) and is kind of South West of Aberdeen. It was an easier hike than last weeks but still about 3 hours long. It was up a mountain as well but it didn't seem to be as steep as last weeks, so I think I enjoyed it a little more. The weather, however, wasn't that great yesterday and we got drizzled on most of the day with cloudy and overcast the whole way. We didn't mind getting wet though. I did remember to take my camera though, so I got a few pictures.

This was our hiking trail, of course going down the mountain

One of our fantastic views. You can tell how overcast it was. All that vegetation in the picture is Heather that hasn't bloomed yet.

Tyra and I (one of my American friends here)

We passed a pasture with horses in it while we were finishing up our hike and these horses just came right up to the fence to greet us. I didn't use my zoom....they were that close to us!

Pretty horses

And for those of you that I remind of the long hours of daylight that are fast approaching..........we are now at the point where daylight is here wellbefore 6:00 and it's not getting good and dark until after 9:00.

So the long awaited trip to Barcelona, Italy and France is finally here. I've already had several request to take lots of pictures and post all about it. I can't promise I'll be able to post a lot of pictures, but I'll definitely hit some of the highlights and post as many pictures as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment