I have confirmed over the past several weeks that one of the hardest jobs in the world has to be a parents job! Kudos to all you parents out there! I have been blessed with wonderful nieces and nephews in my life. Over the past few weeks I have had the nieces for a week at my house and then spent a long weekend on vacation with them and their momma in Galveston. I have learned that maybe what people say about girls being harder to raise than boys might be true! I have also realized that in a very short time my "pre-teen" niece will no longer be as interested in spending time with her relatives unless they are cousins of her own age. I have also realized that as little girls become young women they go through mood changes, get attitudes about some things without even realizing is and can be emotional at times beyond their reasonable control! And yet some how I have forgot that I was once their age and can relate.
So though I will never be a parent, I can honestly say that I love having nieces and nephews around me that I can spend time with. And to add, its nice to send them home too when I don't know how to handle them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment