I have always admired that saying............."never judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes". I try and remember that often, try not to pass judgement and mostly I try to just look at things from others point of view. We never know what a person has been through, what kind of decisions they might face, nor how difficult it is to make those decisions. Its easy for us to pass judgment on others. I am not perfect and some times I forget that we should not pass judgment and some times I forget that what works for one person doesn't always work for another. But for the most part that is how I try and look at things and I hope others do the same. Its when people don't do that and pass judgment upon me (especially those that don't know me) that I can get very frustrated with those people. Having said that, it is what has happen to me as of late. I try to just let things slip off my back most days. I think the only reason this particular persons judgment of me is bothering me is simply because its made me step back and wonder if others view me the same way this person does. I surely hope others don't, however if they do, I really hope I can learn from this and become a better person from it. A wise woman once told me that we don't make mistakes in life, we make decisions, its when we don't learn from those decisions that it becomes a mistake.
For the most part, I am a fairly private person when it comes to things that are very personal to me. If you follow my facebook, or even reading this blog, you know a lot of things I do talk about. Those things are mostly things I feel are light hearted, or not so serious moments in life. Those are the things that make life enjoyable to me. I have had moments that I have spoke of my brother, his passing and a few others things that were very personal and private to me, but that's only because some times its easy to put those things down on paper for all to read so that you don't have to keep playing the story over and over again and reliving the tragedy in front of others. After all we all know what it feels like to have a tragedy and replay it over and over again in your head, much less in front of others who are just concerned and want to lend an ear.
I have a lot of great friends and those friends are very dear to me. There are friends that have been near by while I have went through some of the hardest things in life I never thought would be thrown my way. Other friends have just been in my life for a short time but have been a source of great friendship. The point is, friendships and relationships come and go. Some are around a lifetime, some around for a short period of time. And some of those are not even friendships, they are simple acquaintances. Some times in life you meet some one and while you try and build a friendship you soon realize that you can be nothing more than mere acquaintances. Its better than having an unhealthy friendship in my opinion!
So I leave you all with this............try and remember that we never know someone truly until we have walked a mile in their shoes. And that is a rare chance to have. Remember that some friendships are real and some are just acquaintances that were not meant to be there forever. And remember than when you do pass judgment on someone you should be mindful of how you would feel if they did it to you. Lastly, if a friendship or acquaintance has dissolved and its left you wondering why.......know that there is a time and place for all things and that it has served its purpose. If that still leaves you wondering......go to the source instead of making it an issue or bad mouthing that person.
No comments:
Post a Comment