I have said it before, I am a young, skinny girl trapped inside of an old, fat woman's body! Seriously! lol Just kidding. I am now at the age that I actually have to think about how old I am if someone ask me. I haven't quite concluded if this is because I have spent to many years telling people I am 25 or because I am actual old enough now that my memory is starting to fail me at times. I do the math in my head a lot of times, but rest assured that if you ask me and I answer you promptly......it may or may not be the truth. Its not an intentional lie, unless of course I tell you I am 25. ;-)
So as some of you know I have been having a ton of back issues lately. Adding to my feeling old statement. I don't want to be old, nor do I want to have back issues. I have spent plenty of time at both the chiropractor and a general practitioner trying to resolve the issues. What I have found out about back issues is that nothing really fixes it and all they can do is offer you temporary relief. I personally have never been one to take pills. I hate even taking a Tylenol or ibuprofen unless I just really need it. You'll see me taking vitamins and maybe a necessary pill here and there but outside of that, I hate the thought of taking a pain reliever or narcotic. So after a lot of manipulation by the chiropractor I have finally got to the point that between that, exercise and diet I can make it through most days with little to no pain. The even better benefit of it all is that I am kicking the fat girls ass and trying to get back down to a comfortable weight that I can maintain. I've decided to reward myself along the way with new clothing. I figure the occasional outfit will help keep me motivated when I am dying on the treadmill and not wanting to do it. I still have a really long ways to go but I am proud of the progress I have made so far. My hope is in another week or two I will have reached my first goal and there for do a little retail therapy. Is it sad that the first thing I want to reward myself with is actually pajamas? I thought so..........I can't help it!
No comments:
Post a Comment