Tuesday, 8 November 2011

The downhill side of my annual 25th birthday

I've been a terrible blogger lately, I know.  Truth is that some times I feel I have nothing of importance, wittiness or otherwise words to write that others will even want to read or find interesting in the slightest bit.  It's been a long few weeks for me and with the holidays right around the corner, well I am not looking forward to those that much either.  
This week marks one year since we took that long dreadful trip to Fort Worth to sit for 10 days in the hospital with my brother, hoping, praying, crying, and just desperately wanting him to wake up and be okay.  Unfortunately that didn't happen and so on the 17th we will be at that year mark where he left us to be with God.  It has been an incredibly difficult year.  One filled with a lot of tears, memories and of course a little laughter too.  I don't know that any of us, myself included have handled it the right way, but we've handled it the best way we could in the moment and time as we have grieved.  My hope is that as the next year continues on that the grieving process gets a little easier and that the silver lining in things becomes a lot clearer.

So on that note my annual 25th birthday is rolling around.  What an awful time of year to have a birthday now.  To be quite honest I was never too keen on having my birthday when it is, simply because when I was growing up it was always so close to Thanksgiving that in some ways it was a bit of a hassle to have a party or anything like that.  It was always a lot of extra work for my mom when we were getting ready for Thanksgiving too.  Plus I always wanted a pool party for my birthday and that was never possible in November.  So I am considering a petition to change my birth date for myself.  Well at least when we celebrate and call it my birthday.  Jeff laughs at me......but I am serious!  I use to love having birthday week!  Now I don't even want to think about the day, much less the week.  Food for thought I guess.  So if you have any new birthday dates in mind.......let me know!

So that brings me to yet another dreadful outlook on things.  At my age I am starting to notice changes!  Seriously like changes I absolutely don't get.  For instance.........WHEN did I start getting wrinkly skin?!?!  WHEN?  And when exactly did my mornings start consisting of seeing if I was having good morning or a bad morning for back pain?!?!  WHEN?  Also when did I need to start shopping in the old ladies section, verses the younger, hipper clothing section?!?! WHEN?  I am outraged by these changes!  I just won't stand for it.  It's totally ruining my chances of playing off 25 again this year.  Yes.....yes 25!  Play along!  PLEASE play along!  :)

On a final note.........if my brother were here........I know him......he would buy me a "Happy 40th Birthday Sis" card.  Make no mistake I am NOT 40!!!!  But he would..........that's how he was! I would have hit him.....just for the record!

1 comment:

  1. I love your annual 25th birthday which is never just a day for the record. More like a two to three weeks. But you are always appreciated and loved as that is my one "job", one that I love to have.

    ReplyDelete