
Okay, so it's peanuts in their shells........but come on.......that's funny! I don't think I have ever seen or heard them called monkey nuts!
In other news............I am still, after living here for six months, astonished at how differently our customer service is in Texas from here. I am also astonished at the store policies and how differently they are. Last weekend, also while at the store I bought some refills for a plug in (air freshener) and when I got home and tried to replace the old refill, I realized that I picked up the wrong ones. So when I went back to the store the following day I figured I would exchange them for the proper ones. I mean after all.......they were 8 quid! That's about $12! So why not return them if I can't use them.......right? However, I was surprised to find that I could not return them because I had opened the package and there was no way for them to resale them, so they could not give me an exchange or refund. And to make sure, she doubled checked with another employee. Now I feel bad.............all this time I was unappreciative of the ability we have in the states to return just about anything, of course knowing they can return it to the manufacturer for credit. See......the little things!
It's been icy and cold here the past couple of days. The sun comes out and melts the ice but it still remains pretty cold. We've been building coal fires, well let me rephrase that........Jeff has been building coal fires in our fireplace here and it is really nice. I had my reservations about a coal fire to begin with because I just kept thinking it would leave this odor and residue on things. But to my surprise, it doesn't. Of course its house burning coal, so apparently its different. But it's been nice and really heats the living room well!
I'm sure we'll get snow soon. Everyone keeps saying "the snow is coming". So when it does, I'll be sure to snap a few pictures and patiently wait for a good story to blog about.
So my birthday is coming up. I'm not one to make a big deal of my birthday other than to proclaim I am 25 (yet again) and usually I want to make myself a cake. I had thought I'd make myself a different kind of breakfast this year, instead. So I decided this past weekend to experiment with making stuffed french toast. I was pleasantly surprised and so I've decided for my birthday to make stuffed french toast and have mimosas as well. Who knows, maybe one day, if I ever open up a restaurant or a B&B I'll put it on the menu.
Looking forward to a visit home soon. It'll be short and I won't get to see near everyone I want too, but at least we get to spend a little time home!
So keep an eye out for a snow blog!
Monkey nuts! lol!!!
ReplyDelete