Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Moving Day

Well moving day is upon us and as I sit here typing this out the movers are here packing things up. Seems I'm not doing my part if I am on the computer and they are working, huh? Well.........truth is, this is the part where I get to sit back and relax a bit. Jeff and I have spent weeks preparing for this move. You pack what you don't want packed, you sell off the things you don't want to take, you make an inventory list and you make more list of things that you need to do like turning off utilities and calling the many people to let them know of your new address, etc. Then you separate all the things you want to go by air and you pack your bags for your trip so those things don't get packed in the sea shipment. Your life belongings get all wrapped up and packed away and they load them up to ship and it takes about 6 weeks for you to get your stuff. For Jeff and I this also means the car........it goes by sea too and arrives in 6 weeks with all our household belongs. And the thing is, to most this probably seems like not such a big deal, any of it, because after all someone else is doing the actual packing and loading and unpacking. But it's all the prep and the various things that you have to do special for an international move that make it a bit more stressful.

But the good news is that short of cleaning this place up tomorrow when they are done.........this part of the move will be behind us and my part is done for now. Of course once my feet hit the ground in the U.S. the search will be on for a home. Hopefully we find something quick and something that we like and can be ready to move into in 6 weeks.......when our stuff arrives.

This will be my last blog from Bonnie Scotland. I've enjoyed my time here, but that's not to say it hasn't had its trial and tribulations. The winter here was not that great but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The summers here are fabulous and I dread the hot Louisiana summer. But I am looking forward to getting back to the states and settling there. I will miss the friends I have made here but I hope to stay in close contact. And the one thing I can tell you that I will not miss about Scotland..................those dang spiders all in my house! lol

See you all on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment