I have been trying to sit down and post for over a week now and I've just been so busy and had so much going on with trying to settle in, I just haven't had the time. I've also had my list of things to do to get a new layout and change the "look" of the blog since we are no longer in Scotland. I will hopefully get that done later this week.
So the first week in Shreveport hasn't been that bad. I've been busy, house hunting and just trying to get settled in a little and getting over jet lag! But it's been a productive first week. I found a house. Jeff is working in West Virginia so he looked at houses with me online. We are just waiting on final financing stuff and hopefully get a closing day for mid August. Underwriting is taking a little bit right now, so we are just hopeful it will be sooner rather than later. The house is great and I think it'll be a great home for Jeff and I for some time to come, or as long as we are in Shreveport/Bossier City.
Adjusting to the weather hasn't been that bad. It's hot here, please don't get me wrong and humid but I really thought I would have a lot harder time acclimating back than I have had. I'm not ready to go run a marathon in the weather but I can get out and about, do things and not mind it so much. It does rain here often right now, but the kind of Southern rainy days where it down pours for 15 to 30 minutes and then it's just hot and more humid than it was before it started raining. I guess some rain is better than no rain though. I will admit when we get that afternoon shower I am less tolerate of the heat and humidity.
Our sea shipment is well on its way and our air shipment arrived last week. I can't wait to get the car back and be a bit more free to go as I please. Of course last week I had a rental car and I hit some of my favorite missed spots like Super Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and I even got to the nail place for a pedicure and manicure. And my most favorite thing was getting to my old hair stylist in Tyler and getting my hair cut and colored. I know this must all sounds superficial but it's the things like this that I don't need but it's sure nice to have when you've not had it in a long time. I also got to see some of my Tyler peeps! And the food.........oh man......I had Mexican food last week and I it was fab! And I got my Chic-fila fix too! I'm looking forward to Jeff being home soon and getting a chance to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast one morning for some real hash browns and then to get some yummy cajun food! Yes, I'm probably going to gain weight before I lose weight. lol
So we are settling in and the fur kids are doing great. House hunting has been a success and I am thankful for that. I can't wait to get completely settled in and I am hoping to find a job soon too.
I promise to post pictures soon, I just want to get a chance to get settled in and then I'll hopefully get some pictures of the house posted as well as some pictures of various Shreveport/Bossier City things.
Glad you guys are home and making a life here! We live in Dallas and my in-laws live in Tyler. Hope to see you when you get settled! Neon
ReplyDelete