Saturday, 23 October 2010

Fall?

Shouldn't fall be here by now? I am amazed at how I can get up in the morning and it's 50 degrees outside and by noon it's 85 to 90 degrees! Seriously? Can some one tell Mother Nature that it's almost November and I am still waiting for my fall to arrive?

But even without the fall temperatures this is still my very favorite time of year. I love this time of year for so many reasons. I do love the cooler temperatures when we have them but I also love the fall colors that come out this time of year. I love the pumpkin patches, the Halloween decorations and I am so looking forward to Thanksgiving and family and friends! My friends always laugh at me because I tell them that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. And it is! It's my favorite holiday because it's a holiday that everyone sits around the table, enjoys a good meal and is just thankful for so many things. I think we all are thankful on a daily basis but its nice to have a holiday that people really focus on that for one day. No gifts, no pressure of Christmas and all the hustle and bustle that comes with it. Just good food, family and friends and being thankful!

So what have I been up too? Pumpkin Patch! Our church has a pumpkin patch and the money we raise from selling pumpkins goes toward mission trips. But during the week we book out daycares and elementary's to come and bring the kids and we let them walk around the pumpkin patch, take pictures and then we have a little place set up to where the kids can go sit on some hay bales and we tell them stories. I started out this year with just working the pumpkin patch, taking money for pumpkins, etc. Then I got talked into doing the story telling one day. So I did it that one day, then I got ask to do it again the next day, and the next.......and before I knew it I was signed up to be at the pumpkin patch telling the stories for pretty much everyday up until Halloween. But it's big fun and I love seeing all the little kids.

So after Halloween I will start my Christmas shopping. I want to spread it out a little more evenly this year over November and December. I hate the crowds when it comes time to Christmas shop but I am excited to get to do my Christmas shopping this year with my Christmas shopping buddy! ;) I didn't get to do that much last year since I was in Scotland so this year I am really looking forward to it! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment