Saturday, 25 September 2010

A Job Hunting I will go

Well the time as arrived and it's time for me to start trying to join the working force again. I think back when we first moved to Scotland and me not being able to work there and I thought for sure I was going to go insane not working. The first six months were brutal! I would literally sit there day in and day out and look for something to do. It took about six months of that for me to adjust and decide that it would be okay if I found other things to do and it wasn't earning a paycheck. For me, I have never not worked. I started working when I was 15 (Sonic was the only place in Brenham that would hire anyone under 16 and you had to be 15) and I have worked everyday since then until right before we moved to Scotland. And I loved my job! Not the one at Sonic, but the one I was doing before we left for Scotland. However, like most of America, the economy is bad and there aren't a lot of jobs in my chosen profession right now. So I am a little nervous to get out there and see what I can find and if it will be something I like. I am likely not going to be doing the same thing, but we will see.

And I can say that if I didn't work I think I would be okay too. But working seems to be the most logical thing to do right now. It's not as if I have a good reason to stay at home, like being a mom or having a super busy day of taking care of the house, etc. So wish me luck as I start this journey. It might have taken me six months to start enjoying not working but I definitely got use to it from that point forward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment