Monday, 1 November 2010

Christmas stuff already?

Magically over night all the things for Halloween went away or on clearance and all the Christmas stuff came out! Seriously? It's November 1st and I went to Target today get pick up a few things and all the Halloween stuff was on clearance (what was left) and all the Christmas stuff was hung and aisles were being filled with Christmas stuff. One little lonely end cap near the cards had Thanksgiving stuff on it. Just blows my mind!

So Halloween was great! We had several trick or treaters. Not as many as I thought we might have but still quite a few. We had everything from bumble bees and super heroes to fairies, princesses and quite a few Woody's from Toy Story. We even had some that weren't dressed up at all. And we had some teens that honestly didn't need to be out trick or treating. I had one lady walk up with her kid in a wagon (probably about 2 or 3) and beside her was a teen that was probably 16 or 17 and the teen seriously walked up to me and opened up his backpack and said "trick or treat". I gave him candy because I figured if I didn't my house would get egged or the pumpkins would get smashed in my front yard. lol
And the kids that weren't dressed up kind of upset me. Then Jeff made me feel bad because he told me that they might not be able to afford costumes. So I felt bad. But then I thought about it some more and really...........can they not "make" a costume?!?! It doesn't have to be fancy. Just be creative!
And then finally the creepiest costume of all was a kid that was probably about 8 years old and he was wearing a gown that's similar to the ones that surgeons wear and his face was kind of zombie like and on his back was a growth that resembled a little monster! :|

And I put cobwebs all around the front door and even made the kids have to stick their hand through a hole of cobwebs to get to the doorbell. I heard one of the younger teens scream when she first got to the door and she ended up knocking. Serves her right.........she was to old to be trick or treating. But of course at least she did manage to dress up!

Okay so Halloween is behind us and now to push forward and start working on the holidays. Should be busy but fun!



Here is a picture of my pumpkin cake I made for the Trunk or Treat at church last weekend. We had a cake walk and I made this to take for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment