Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Baby Bunnies!

I think I've mentioned the cotton tail bunnies we have around here. Its nothing to see them in the front yard or on the slope behind the house, especially in the morning.
A couple of weeks ago Jeff and I were driving down the road to our house and several baby bunnies were crossing the road. Cute! Of course we stopped so they could all cross. They've made holes along the side of the road and there's a field along the side of the road. So no doubt they have a home somewhere along the roadway.

So yesterday morning when I raised the blinds in the kitchen there was one of the baby bunnies on the slope behind our house feeding. You could barely see the baby bunny because he was buried in the tall plants feedings. Occasionally I could see his ears and the only reason I even knew he was there to begin with was because of the plants moving back and forth (where he was eating). Eventually he came out from the tall weeds and plants and was on the slope eating some of the smaller plants and grass. I got a couple shots of him. he blinds in well with his surroundings. Jeff and I were watching him...........thinking he was cute as can be until he started eating the new plants that the landlord just planted on the slope. We were tapping on the window and trying to discourage him. It worked...........but only for a minute. Then he was back to the pretty new plants! Thankfully he finally hopped up the slope. Later in the day I seen him buried deep in the tall plants that are okay for him to eat. To cute! At least when he's not eating the new pretty flowers and plants we just got planted!

See the baby bunny in the middle of the picture.......at the end of the timber tie?


He's munching on one of the plants that's okay for him to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment