Small refridgerators require small items.........right? I mean after all we are living in a country now where efficiency is the name of the game! And of course coming from a side by side refridgerator and freezer, well I am learning to cope. So this week I snapped a few pictures of the small refridgerator in our house, small cucumbers (not pickles but the size of pickles) and the "large" milk. However, I also took a picture of a slice of bread. Completely blows my mind how tall a loaf of bread is here. And portions as a whole are smaller here, much smaller than what you see in Texas. But it just blows my mind because this bread will nearly take up a plate! A regular dinner size plate. Its not twice as tall as our bread, but I would say at least a size and half! But I am also learning that bread is a huge part of their meals here. And here I am the one that's not a big bread eater. I am also learning that the Scot's love to fry everything! Jeff came home from offshore this week and told me that he had a Scottish egg. So I ask (stupidly I might add) what it was. He goes on to tell me that they hard boil an egg, peel the shell off and then bread it and deep fry it. YUCK! Of course he claims its "heavenly". Whatever...........sounds gross to me! And yes, I'm knocking it before I try it.........but sometimes you just have enough sense not to try something like that if you know you won't like it. ;)
Baby cucumbers (aka snack cucumbers)!
And yes, sometimes the small things in life really entertain me!
No comments:
Post a Comment