Thursday, 21 January 2010

The busy months ahead

Good news!!! I should have something fun to write about in the coming months! We got a busy couple of months ahead of us. So I'm hoping to see some new stuff, take some great pictures and write about some parts of Scotland and some experiences we haven't had yet.
It's been so cold and the daylight hours are so short it's hard to get out and about and see things and take pictures.
We had sleet last night and I am hearing that we might get some bad weather this weekend. So we'll see what the weekend holds. Regardless, its cold so I am thinking about putting on a pot of seafood stew this weekend for us to have for dinner one night.

So with spring right around the corner and a busy couple of months ahead, there should be lots to write about (crossing my fingers). I've been looking into a mystery murder dinner at a local hotel and restaurant for us to try and do in March. And we also have our trip to Dublin in March for St. Patrick's day! In February we have a couple of outings planned to a nice local Italian restaurant and we are also going to try and attend a Mardi Gras party being hosted by some Louisiana folks that are living and working here in Aberdeen too! Jeff and I will also be celebrating our one year anniversary at the end of February. I mention this because we are planning to have dinner at an Art Deco restaurant in Stonehaven. We've heard great things about this place and think it will be fun to go check it out for our anniversary dinner.
And before we know it spring will be upon us! I personally am looking forward to the longer days of daylight and hoping to really get out and see some more places as the spring trees and flowers start to bloom. I hear that the roadsides and hills are gorgeous right at the beginning of spring and are covered with flowers. I'll be sure to get some good shots of this!

You'll notice off to the left that I put up a new poll. After the poll about our next holiday I thought it would be fun to just try and do something a little different and post different polls for fun. I'll try and change them up about once a month and I'll try and keep them related to Scotland or the "experience" here in some form or fashion.
Oh and Italy won.....by a landslide on the last poll. So I'm looking at some cruises that stop off at several places in Italy. I think it'll be the best way for us to really see a lot of Italy and hit some of the high points without us spending a great deal of time traveling by car. And hey......sitting on the deck of a cruise ship or chilling doing some fun things while in transport is NOT a bad way to travel! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment