Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Closing

Well it looks like we are just days away from closing and so the moving and unpacking and settling will begin again. This has been the toughest close I have ever been through. It's amazing how strict they are and how much information they want now since all the foreclosures and problems of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. I feel as if every bit of our privacy has been violated and short of knowing my blood type, the bank knows more about me and Jeff than we know of ourselves! We have supplied them with endless amounts of paperwork and they've called to verify every inch of it. We've jumped through more silly hoops than anyone can ever imagine and as we have a closing date and time for Friday, we still haven't got the all clear from underwriting that they are completely satisfied. Unbelievable is all I can say!

So with any luck we will close Friday and the moving and settling will begin. Looking forward to getting into the house, out of the hotel and mainly just being settled in. I'm looking forward to doing laundry in the comfort of my own home and pulling the car into the garage at night. I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet and no more screaming kids running up and down the halls are late night gatherings in the parking lot of the hotel.

We are fortunate, this I know, but I am really ready to get done with this closing and pray that it all goes well for the rest of the week.
Hopefully the next time you hear from me it will be to say we are moved in, pictures of the house and all that fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment