Easter is finally here! It has been a relatively quiet day. Jeff got called out early this morning and aside from attending church I stayed in today and watched some stuff on the DVR that I had recorded from the past two or three weeks while I was away working. I must admit that this was the first year we observed a full Lent and I did quite good at not having any meat on Friday's and I didn't give in and have the one thing I gave up for Lent. I did indulge in that one thing today though and as did Jeff, first thing this morning! Jeff gave up chocolate and so he had a chocolate covered peep before breakfast. Me, I gave up Diet Dr Pepper, my all time fav and finally caved and had one when I got home from church with a Reese's peanut butter egg. Yum! And yes, Diet Dr Pepper was just as lovely as I remembered it. :-)
So to add, today was a day of another "first". To clarify, our first Easter without my brother. We've had a few "first" since he's been gone but we have many more to come. I suppose the next couple of months will be some of the hardest. Mother's Day is around the corner and I can't even begin to imagine how my mom is feeling. I know her heart is still very full of sorrow. No words can describe how I even feel, so I can only imagine. Then we have his birthday. Again............no words can describe it. And then to follow in June we have Father's Day for those precious babies of his and then the anniversary to his long time love. May and June will be some of the toughest months. Please say a prayer for my family as we endure some of the hardest months ahead. I still find it hard to believe at times. I wouldn't say I am in denial but I would say that there are days it just doesn't seem real. I think of him every day and though I still can't talk about him much to other people without crying, it doesn't mean I have forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment