Wednesday, 9 December 2009

When Pigs Fly!

I still can't believe Texas got snow before us!!! You know the saying, "that will happen when pigs fly"..............well my friends..........pigs must fly! I would have NEVER guessed that Texas would see snow before us and much less in December! But it's awesome, I am only sad we missed it! I am sure we will get snow soon enough and I am also sure that it will become very old very quick, unlike Texas where you can enjoy it for the day and by the next day it's melted away and things are back to normal.
I seen a lot of great pictures of it from friends and family! How awesome! Kind of made it feel more like Christmas for a change, didn't it?!?!

So it's chilly here, not getting above the 40's and often in the 30's in the evening. And all the leaves have fallen off the trees. The landscape around us has changed dramatically. I can see things that use to be covered by trees now. So before it was almost as if we were isolated, even though we aren't and now we can see all the houses around us through the bare trees. It's really quite different looking than in the summer and spring.

So all this cold weather has me thinking it's time to plan our next holiday (vacation). Jeff and I have talked multiple times about going to Italy for our one year anniversary. But I've discovered in my research that if we wait until around May to go then we can take a nice long cruise and see a lot of Italy (many cities). Which is probably more desirable than just seeing Rome or Venice, as we would like to see both! So we are trying to decide if we should wait and go in the spring or go in February or March and only see one of the cities?!?! Then there is Dubai, which we would love to visit as well. And there is also Egypt where we could see the Great Pyramids! That would be awesome as well! And of course it's a must for me to see London before I leave the UK. I can't imagine living here and having not visited London, at least once! So I'm torn what to do. Go to Italy earlier or visit one of these other places and go to Italy in the spring. What do you think? I've posted a poll off to the left and would love to get feed back! So let me know!

I'll try and get out and take some pictures soon. I know many of you want to see the pictures but we've just not been many places lately that I can take pictures of. I figure you wouldn't want to see pictures of just roads and buildings on our way to the grocery store or to run errands! But I'll try and get some shoots soon and post on some interesting site we've seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment