Monday, 28 December 2009

New Year Resolution Time!


It's that time of year again! You know the time of year where we all make some New Years Resolutions and a few of us stick to them all year around and the rest of us abandon them at some point. Some sooner than others!

I'm usually pretty good about sticking to mine for at least half of the year.......some times longer. But I'm typically not one, any more, to resolve to lose weight. I might resolve to work out more, or to eat better, or maybe even take up a new cardio as a hobby...........but rarely is it the end result of losing weight.

It's been an eventful past year, with lots of changes and huge adventures. This past year I got married, moved half way across the world, and gave up my career (for a while). I'd say that's a lot of changes for one year!
And I can honestly say that most of it has been pretty great, but not to say that it hasn't had its ups and downs. The moving part has been a bit difficult at times. It's not just moving to another part of the U.S., it's moving to a different part of the world where the culture is even different, and settling in takes on a whole new meaning. Then add to it the common things to overcome like not knowing anyone and having no family near by. But we've managed, like I knew we would and we've had a very adventurous first year of marriage.

So what to resolve for 2010? I've been thinking about it, trying to come up with reasonable, yet challenging resolutions. After all, that's the point right.........something that is possible but yet a challenge. Cause lets face it, if it were easy we would have already done it, right?

So here it is...........my resolutions for 2010......................

I workout pretty regularly and I am pretty happy with where I maintain my weight at....most of the time. However, I've struggled to try and get off an extra 10 pounds that I've wanted to get off this past year. So that's my resolutions this year.........to continue to keep up my workout routine because it's good for the body, mind and soul and to get off that extra 10 pounds that I've wanted to get off for the past year.

Second resolution is to get pretty serious about adoption. There are a lot of places that wouldn't even consider us until we had been married for at least a year. So since we are fast approaching our one year anniversary, I've decided it's time to get serious about what road we want to pursue for adoption. We won't be able to do much until we return to the states but I would at least like to have a plan by then and have the wheels in motion. It's been hard trying to figure out which direction to go and what would be the best option for us. But we talk about it a lot and we know we want to be parents. So it's something to pursue this year and get started!

And my last resolution, which is always one of my resolutions................to travel! Even if it's just down the road, around the corner or in a far away place.........travel and see things I've never seen before. I think we have a good head start on this one. We already have a trip to Ireland planned in March and it looks like from the polls that most think Italy should be the next big vacation after that. I've been looking at Cruises that visit several places in Italy. I think that would be good for us and allow us to see several places that are kind of spread out across Italy. As always, I think this resolution will be an easy one to keep and probably the most fun!

So what's your 2010 resolutions? And what's your average for keeping your resolutions? Or are you one of those few and rare folks that "resolve to have no resolutions"? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment