Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Brown Eggs - 10 June 2009

Have I mentioned that they only have brown eggs here? Have I also mentioned that they typically aren’t even kept refrigerated at the store? You can walk down any given aisle and find them sitting in a big display box, just sitting there. You can also find them on the same aisle as stuff that is kept cold, but again, they are in a big display box, sitting on the floor, not in the actual “cold case”. It blows my mind. They have no “bleached” white eggs! And did you know brown eggs, at least here, actually taste a little different. You get use to it rather quickly though. Oh and forget finding, medium, large and extra large eggs. One kind of eggs, brown, in a crate box………plastic crate box at that. Even more so, don’t be surprised if you pull out an egg and find a little feather on them, or perhaps dirt on the outside. At least I hope its dirt! We wash the eggs every morning before I crack them to make breakfast; it’s a must for my sanity! I’ve not witnessed this but Jeff says he’s cracked one or two along the way that he had to throw out because they were a little too close to being fertilized for him!!!! Ew! For that reason right there, I will not walk across the street to the chicken farm that sells “farm raised” eggs right there. One of Jeff’s co-workers made fun because we buy eggs at the store and not across the street. But that’s my fear………….cracking open a bad egg. To add, as if you need more, needing to wash them almost turned me from eggs forever!

That is all………..go have breakfast now! Eggs! Nice, clean, bleached, white eggs! SIGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment