Okay, so let’s be frank, I cannot fathom how people around here live with the whole 5 day thing! I know I am not known to have incredible patience, but goodness! So we still have no internet. We got our long awaited modem on Tuesday (5 business days from the day we ordered net) and it gets here and the modem is dead………….doesn’t not work! Has NO power! I mean really……….come on, if you are going to make people wait 5 business days then at least check your equipment before you send it. Anyway, I call the lovely people at the phone company to let them know that the modem doesn’t work and after going through a series of things I have already done (to appease them), the guy tells me that “it seems you got a faulty modem”. You think?!?! And then he tells me they will send me out a new one, and he tells me I should get it in about 5 business days. He was apologetic but really………….come on! Apparently they’ve never heard of sending stuff any other way than by Royal Mail, which is what takes that long. As much as it’s wearing on my nerves, there’s nothing I can do so I thank the man for helping me and hang up. Unfortunately those of you that are reading this, get to hear my rant. Sorry! I wanted to scream into the phone to the guy that the internet is my connection to “home” and that I have bills to pay and other things to do online that I can only do online from “across the pond”. I did not say a word though, just thanked him and carried on. We’ve learned that most conversations here really are recorded and if you carry on and rant and rave to people on the phone, here they can use that recording to charge you with assault. I can see it now………………
“Mrs. Bartulla, can you please explain to the court why you screamed at the lovely lade at the phone company when he was only trying to do his job”. My response……………. “My most honest explanation is that I am American and I was not wired to have this kind of patience when you are delaying my connection to “home”.” I’ll be sure to send you all my address from jail! LOL
It’s turned rather cold this week. Jeff helped me out this morning by telling when the weather was on that 20 C is 70 F and that 0 C is freezing, which should be what we consider 32 F. That being said, we are probably around 17 C today and suppose to be around 12 or 13 C tomorrow. And as I was shaking in bed last night trying to get warm Jeff tells me that the weather we experienced the past couple of weeks, sunny and around 75 F is rare and that the weather we are about to get is what we are most likely going to have for the next several weeks. I am already thinking my winter months will be spent inside huddled up to a radiator unless my blood thickens a lot between now and then. The good news is Jeff seems to think we’ll be fully acclimated in about a year which means just in time to leave! LOL Just kidding!
No comments:
Post a Comment