Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Rainy Days - 11 June 2009

FINALLY! We have internet! Goodness, I never felt so disconnected from the world before, nor had I realized how much I rely on the internet for day in and day out things. But we finally have it and I’ve spent the last couple of days trying to play catch up with bills, emails and such. Now if I can just get my bank card, we’ll be set.

Jeff and I purchased some herbs so we could have a little herb garden in the kitchen window and have fresh herbs all the time. I’ve always wanted to have an herb garden and just never made the effort to actually do it. Herb plants are super cheap here. We got 5 hearty herb plants for 69p each! What a deal! We got thyme, basil, mint, parsley and their version of cilantro. I am most excited about that one because now I can make pico de gallo. I’ve really enjoyed making dinner this past week too. I can do so much with fresh herbs! And Jeff and I have been putting a tiny mint leaf in with our hot tea at night and its heavenly!

My little herb garden. I need to get a new pot for them soon!

Its been raining on and off the past couple of days. And its still pretty chilly outside. I think I am finally getting use to the weather though and it doesn’t seem to phase me as much as it did when I first arrived. And I have now started sleeping through the night well enough that I don’t stay awake for long if I do wake up at 3:00 when its starting to get daylight out. So that’s good too. I do still wake up though feeling like I am still very tired. We both feel that way lately. We think its because we are sleeping on the mattress we bought here and its not what we are use too. We are hoping when the rest of our furniture arrives we will sleep much better.

We’ve been planning a few trips and we are really looking forward to them. We are planning to go to Edinburgh in August and sometime this summer we want to take the train down to London and spend a long weekend there. We don’t know exactly when yet; we are still pricing tickets. And we are planning a trip to Italy in September, for our long awaited honeymoon that we had to postpone. J

I know we will both be glad when the yukon finally gets here. We would like to see more things and do more stuff but we don’t have a car so some days its rather difficult. And do you know I came with no umbrella! I must have 3 or 4 umbrellas and somehow I managed to get them all in the sea shipment and none of them in the air shipment. When is sunny out though, the kiddos like to nap on the steps under the skylight. Well Rhett and Audrey do; Simba likes to try and wake them up.

Rhett & Audrey napping, Simba pestering them!

I hope to have something exciting to write about this weekend. Right now its just trying to get things caught up and staying indoors while it rains!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to visit Scotland!

    http://www.rei.com/adventures/trips/europe/scotland_high.html

    That is my dream vacation adventure. Until I get to take it I'll just have to keep reading your blog!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete