Yesterday we decided to live like a lot of the Scots and take the bus to Aberdeen. I’ve been wanting to take the bus just because there’s a bus stop right by the house and the public transportation system is suppose to be top notch here. And since we don’t have the Yukon yet, I would like to be able to take the bus on occasion. So we called yesterday morning to find out what time the bus will be by this particular stop. We weren’t sure exactly which bus stop this one is by the house so we gave the lady an estimate of how far it is from Inverbervie (the closest town to our house). She told us on Sundays the bus comes by this area every two hours and that it would be by around 1:00, 3:00, etc. So we decided we could make the 1:00 bus and we set out to get to the end of the road to the bus stop around 12:50. As we were walking up the hill Jeff could see the bus pass by on the roadway ahead. We were optimistic though, hoping there was another bus in the next 10 minutes but we knew we were wrong. It was about 12:45 when we seen the bus pass by. So needless to say, we missed the bus. But we knew there would be another one in two hours so we went back to the bus stop at 2:30, to make sure we wouldn’t miss it. We waited and the bus came, but not until nearly 3:00. But what we found out was that the bus was running about 10 minutes late at that time. We also found out that the bus really isn’t as economically as we thought. For us to go about 10 miles down the road was 5.30 each, one way and then we had to pay another 5.30 each to come back. It was really cool though, a nice bus and very scenic route on the bus. Of course you go through every little stop along the way but the buses only stop if there is someone at the stop or you indicate by the stop button that you need to get off there. Still it took us about an hour to go that 10 miles. But I can see me doing that during the week, if I needed to go to the market for a few things. People sat on the bus, reading, listening to ipods, etc. It was really kind of quiet though and it was pretty neat being able to see the country side and the coast as we rode to the market. It took about an hour to get there, then we spent about an hour at the market and then it took about an hour to get home. Not too bad really. We were going to have dinner out while we were out and about but we realized that the place we go to the market at doesn’t really have anything open on Sundays to eat at.
While we were at the market I got some sour candy. I love sour candy but this stuff was the sourest stuff I have EVER eaten. I swear it’s like nothing we have in the states! Made me pucker up good and I even had to have a drink to wash it down. LOL I looked at the package and it said it was super sour stripy strips. I’ll say!
In Stonehaven there’s a place called Chocolate Monkey. So what would you think that was? I looked in the window as we walked by and it’s a hair salon!!! I told Jeff I think I should start getting my hair cut at Chocolate Monkey. LOL
This weekend I am going to make my way back to Union Street (downtown Aberdeen). I want to get my cell phone as soon as I get my bank card and can “qualify” for it. And I need to get a birthday present and I also want to see about going to a pharmacy to get some vitamins, etc. Jeff is leaving to go offshore today. So if he’s not back this weekend I am going to take the bus to Union Street and do some shopping. I’m looking forward to going back to Union Street. It’s really pretty neat.
And later this week, once I have net I am going to look into us going to Edinburgh in August. My friend Catherine, from Sheffield is going to Edinburgh in August with her dad for an event. We want to try and meet up, so Jeff and I thought it would be fun to go spend the weekend in Edinburgh and see some sights, etc.
We are due for a cold front this week. Seems it will be cold again this week. It’s been really nice the past several days though. It’s been around 26 degrees Celsius and we are suppose to get down to 17 degrees Celsius this weekend. Of course I have no idea what that is in Fahrenheit. So when I figure that out, I’ll let ya know. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment