I think I’ve mentioned that ice isn’t a common thing around here, really no need for it. Jeff and I were thinking about getting an ice maker though, so we could have ice but it appears that those are also not something that are easily accessible around here either. However we found something pretty handy that I’ve never seen in the states. Its bags that come in a box much like Ziploc bags do and you take these bags and there is a small opening in the top and its sealed along the bag in a way that when you fill the small opening with a stream of water that it fills it up with about 20 ice cube shapes of water. You then turn the bag upside down once you’ve filled it and it self seals! You then place it in the freezer and once the ice is frozen and you are ready to use it, you turn the bag side to side and it breaks the seals and puts the ice in a “bag”. Its by far one of the neatest things we have seen and used so far. Yes, yes, the small things in life entertain us!
We are having a hard time finding suitable litter for the fur kids. Most of their cats here are indoor/outdoor cats, so they use the cat door when they need to go outside for the restroom. The world is their litter box………….or at least Scotland is. They do have litter here, but its rocks, clay pieces, just not anything that our kiddos are use too. So we’ve been looking for suitable litter for them. They’ve adjusted well, all things considered but I think the fact we still don’t have most of our stuff makes them a little uneasy. We’ve noticed that if we go out for the day, when we return its as if they think we’ve abandoned them. I realize that those of you that don’t like cats or are not animal people can never relate to this. But its something that we do worry about a little and really hope that once our stuff gets here they will feel more at home. I dread the day I have to crate them back up and take them back to the states again just for the flight and stress of it all.
Its starting to warm back up a little this week. We were told Saturday while we were out and about at the mall that this year is suppose to be a heat wave. Since no one has a/c’s here, a heat wave is around the 80’s I do believe. I would think that if it were 80 outside on a regular basis and no a/c, it would get a little unbearable.
No comments:
Post a Comment