Wednesday, 17 June 2009

The Search for Insurance Continues

Its been a rainy day thus far, so what better day to stay indoors and continue my search for insurance for our American "import". It's been quite the task actually. I've called probably 5 insurance companies and I've come up empty handed each time. And our car will be here in about 2 weeks; so I am getting desperate to find insurance for it. I've heard every excuse from we 'don't have a UK license' to 'we don't cover GMCs' and even 'we don't cover imports unless you have lived here for at least two years'. And now that I sit here and think about it, makes me wonder if they don't want to cover a GMC because of the state of the company. LOL, just kidding.
One notable thing about differences in things here and there is how the phone plans work. They are set up similar to cell phone plans in that you purchase packages that are so many minutes a month, etc. So we have a plan that has so many minutes a month, free nights and weekends. To add, we also get incoming calls for free. Which is nice considering I am getting telemarketers here already! But its weird to me because I will call an insurance company and they will offer to call me back "on their dime" (as they say) or they will offer to transfer me to other insurance companies if they can not help me. Its the oddest thing to me. Sadly my cell phone has more minutes on it than our landline. So I use it a lot more than I do the landline. And the flip side of it, its cheap!
And have I mentioned you don't pay a tax on top of things. When they tell you that your phone bill is going to be 12 GBP (Great Britain Pound) they mean just that. So you don't get a bill and its like 25 GBP because they added a bunch of taxes and surcharges. Its all built in. Kind of nice and pleasant! Same thing with cell phones, everything really.

So we are heading to a little Inn, nearby for dinner this weekend. They specialize in seafood and the restaurant is suppose to be top notch. I'm looking forward to it and have already browsed their menu. Its called the Creel Inn in Catterline Scotland. They have a website......look it up if you have time. I think I'm having dessert too..........probably the raspberry chocolate cheesecake! :) I'll keep you posted!

I think we are also going to try and go see another castle this weekend, weather permitting. We have one in mind, so if we go I'll post about it next week and promise to get a few pictures to post. I don't know what else we are up to this weekend but we are looking forward to getting out and about and exploring the place some more. Hopefully I will have something good to blog about on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment